Welcome to O’Connor Consulting Group, LLC
While O’Connor Consulting Group, LLC is generally considered to be an appraisal firm, much of our business consists of providing market and feasibility studies for our clients. Over the last few years, the proportion of consulting services vis-a-vis appraisal services has become approximately 50% of our work product. Although we believe appraisal services are the foundation of our firm, we are striving to provide our clients with a higher level of market research, analyses, and insight.
Commitment to Experience
In order to provide our clients with sophisticated market analyses and valuations, O’Connor Consulting Group, LLC has assembled a team of experts consisting of thirteen analysts. Their experience as a whole involves complex property valuations to complicated economic modeling of investment properties.
The areas of expertise range from urban mixed-use and feasibility modeling to commercial, subdivision, retail, industrial/office, condominium and apartment appraising. We have performed major market studies in King, Pierce and Snohomish counties as well as Lewis, Kitsap, and the Tri-cities area.
Outside of Washington State we have performed consulting work in the States of Oregon and Hawaii, and performed major market studies in the States of Alaska and Idaho.
About Brian O’Connor
Brian O’Connor received his MAI designation in May 1996 and has been a certified general real estate appraiser In the state of Washington since 1990. Mr. O’Connor also has his CRE designation as a member of the counselors of real estate.
Over thirty years of experience as a Market Analyst and Fee Appraiser. Market Study experience is concentrated in evaluating local economic conditions and forecasting future demand for multifamily housing and commercial space. Principal author of the Seattle Metropolitan Area Apartment Market Report. Since 1985, the majority of his appraisal experience has been concerned with commercial mixed-use and urban residential buildings in Seattle and Bellevue, Washington.
Other related experiences include economic feasibility analysis concerning rental housing, condominiums, marinas, retail and office uses. Mr. O’Connor has also been qualified as an expert witness concerning both apartments and condominiums for purposes of construction defects and market feasibility issues.
License #: 270-11-1100-529
- University of Washington – Two Years Graduate Studies, Economic Geography 1984-1985
- Bachelor of Arts in Economic Geography
- Graduated in 1983 with distinctions; Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa
Appraisal Institute Courses Completed
- Course 1A-1, Real Estate Appraisal Principles, 1986
- Course 1A-2, Basic Appraisal Principles and Techniques, 1986
- Course 1B-A, Capitalization Theory and Techniques – Part A, 1988
- Course 1B-B, Capitalization Theory and Techniques – Part B, 1988
- Course 2-1, Case Studies in Real Estate Valuation, 1989
- Course 10, Market Analysis of Real Estate, 1989
- SSP-A, Standards of Professional Practice, Part A 1991
- SSP-B, Standards of Professional Practice, Part B 1993
- Course 11, Report Writing and Valuation Analysis, 1993
- Seminar, Understanding Limited Appraisals, 1996
- Seminar, Appraising Retail Properties, 1996
- Course 710, Condemnation Basic Principles, 1999
- Course 720, Condemnation Advanced Principles, 1999
- Course 430, Standards of Professional Practice, Part C, 1999
- Seminar, Commercial Lease Fundamentals and Applications, 1999
- Seminar, Washington Landlord-Tenant Act Overview 1999
- SSP-A, Standards of Professional Practice, Part A, 2001
- Seminar, Partial Interest, Dividend and Undividend, 2001
- Seminar, Attacking & Defending and Appraisal in Litigation, 2001
- Seminar, Appraising the Tough Ones, 2002